Burn Burn Burn

I saw a most magnificent bug just a few days ago. It was a glowing, iridescent green. almost too green. Unreal. It had a beetle-like shell, but spider-like legs. It was short, and frantic in its movements. Perhaps because I was hovering over it at thousands of times it's size.

It acted rather as the doomed female in teenage slasher movies.

Stupid girl.

Why does she grab,of all things, a spatula from the kitchen on her way UPSTAIRS where she proceeds to lock herself in? That's Darwinism. You know what people like that are good for? Distraction. Enough time to get out of the house while the killer is going for the moron trapped on the second floor.

But back to the bug... It scurried arond in circles for a while before disappearing almost as suddenly as it had appeared.

I wondered then, would I see that bug again? I mean, I don't recall ever having seen one like it before.

And then I thought of all the bugs I didn't know. All the animals, the trees, the art, the flowers, the streets, the towns, and yes...the bars. All these things, ready for the taking. Almost begging me to grab on.

Where are my gripped gloves? The ones that match my sweet Brooklyn pumps...you know, the ones I never wear but like to put up on a viewable shelf. If I could find those gloves I bet Id wear the shoes more often.



\

No comments: