"There's thoughts in that mind that I would give my last arm to know"

I'm all foggy.

It happens.

My niece discovered the spiral on the back of my neck. Now all my spirals have been anointed with Sofia kisses. This pleases me.

My body is exhausted, but my mind wont let me rest.

This happens too.

So it goes.

I'm told Im too flaky. Too apt to wander. Too careless. These things float around my head. They are there, but in no true capacity to myself.

I'm anxious. Baffled. Bewitched. My hair is under attack. I'm wary of waking up blonde, Ive been warned this might happen. I must be cautious of drinks given to me. Some desire to remove my luck. For what purpose, I do not know.

It is in my DNA, I tell them. And now I worry of gene manipulation. Id be wise to keep these things to myself. But Ive habit to speak and act first. Considerations follow later, if they follow at all.

I tell myself I am getting better, but Ive no proof this is true.

It is not luck anyhow, not really. Id say I'm Even Steven, but then, my name isn't Steven. And I'm not sure I'm especially even.

Perhaps I should be drinking fermented tea to better restore my balance. Labels tell me this.

I have my doubts.

I suspect my niece knows more about this world than she is letting on. Ive been imploring her to reveal her secrets, but she only throws her head back and laughs.

Perhaps that is her secret.

I dig her sweet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guarantee she knows more than she's letting on.

Before you overlay the gridwork of language, anything is possible.