Barflies

I like barflies.

I sit next to them and I wait...just wait. Time brings all confessions, my friends. If you're there, and your willing to listen, you'll hear them all.

Todd-- barfly. Sober for 14 years. Addicted to Crack and Heroine. 2 daughters. 2 adopted sons . "Those little bastards did wonders for my taxes!", he told me.

Married to a women he doesn't really like, but loves. Or so he assumes.

Gwen-- married multiple times. divorced just as many. She broke her spinal cord 5 months ago trying to pull her rascal out of the ditch she'd driven herself into coming home from the bar.

People watching has always fascinated me. But people listening... that lends you to some interesting world views. And given time....all world views

They all come down to the same things, Ive noticed. Basic human observances that lead to a general conclusion of life's ultimate meaning.

Be happy, people. Go for what you love, and love the struggle in doing so. Regardless of the results.

No comments: