So long, and thanks for all the shoes.

Today I cashed in my Grandma's savings bonds. Thank you Grandma. I think she'd be proud that the money is not going towards drugs or erotic paraphenalia. I think. But then I didn't know Grandma very well.


I also had to close out an unused account, which had in it a negative amount. They let it slide. What bank really needs ten dollars?


Ive got bank accounts containing insignificant amounts all over the east and west coasts.

The teller was eerily sedated. Every word from his mouth carried itself in droll tones.

"Where are you moving to? Do you have family out there? Friends? Are you going to school?" I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition, but then no one ever does.


"I don't know what Im doing out there. I go looking for adventure", I told him. I don't think his vacant expression changed at all during the entire transaction. And as I headed out the door, he wished me luck and fun on my adventure.


"Yes," I thoght, "Im not opposed to fun or luck".

My niece came into my room with red eyes. Those tears run thick against safe walls. "I go to grow" I tell her. "One day, you'll do it too"

With my bags packed and my Yankees hat on, I head now for the airport with meager funds and open eyes.

Bring it on West coast, bring it on.

No comments: