"Art is why I get up in the morning, but my definition ends there"

It's 3am on a Tesday morning. Im out of paint. The rest of the house has succumed to sleep. Only me and my loyal feline remain concious. He waits for me. And this makes him cranky. Cranky and affectionate.

He and I are one in the same. But only towards eachother.

My plane ticket has been purchased. My notice at work given. And soon I shall be wandering the awkwardly familiar surroundings of my youth in search of something I cannot define, with a plan no more clear than to have no plan at all. It may come to be that I visit only two states. Or perhaps I will bus myself from one city to another in a desperate need to see. Time and chance will tell.

My eyes are becoming heavy now and my cat flops at my feet, beckoning that I either join him in sleep or play.

I shall do one or the other. Or perhaps both.

Goodnight, good morning, goodnight.

No comments: